Morphy Richards Saute & Soup Maker Review 2015 – 2016
When I think about making soup, I can’t help but picture a long, laborious task that needs a lot of planning and preparation. The methods used for homemade soup making usually take at least 2 hours, in my experience. I wanted to find something that enabled me to enjoy this nutritious, versatile, and hearty food without knowing I was going to be tied to my kitchen for hours every time I needed to make it.
Canned soups are okay, and a lot quicker than homemade soup, but not nearly as tasty or healthy. I heard about the Morphy Richards 501014 Sauté and Soup Maker (lowest price here!) and thought this sounded as though it could be a suitable machine for my needs. Here are some of the machine’s functions:
Makes fresh, home-made, healthy and nutritious soup in as little as 21 minutes. This is a wonderful feature, since you usually have to leave soups simmering in the pot all day long, which is not convenient for those of us who lead busy lives.
- Suitable for making multiple types of soup. Whether you want it smooth, or desire a chunkier consistency, this machine does it all. Instead of transferring hot soup from a pot on the stove to a blender (which creates a burn hazard) and back to the pot again, use one machine for everything necessary, and reduce mess all around.
- The soup maker is large enough to feed the average family. It has a 1.6L capacity for serving up to 4 people.
- The appliance comes with a sauté function for your garlic, onions, bacon, or various other vegetables. Just put these ingredients in there before the liquid for extra flavour.
- The Morphy Richards soup maker is not only a soup maker. It comes with an additional juice and smoothie setting. Instead of needing two separate appliances that will take up the limited space of your kitchen cabinets, you can have what you need in just one machine.
- This machine comes with a recipe book so you’ll have something to turn to on those nights that you can’t think of anything to make. There are 17 simple yet delicious recipes that are definitely worth trying. My favourite was the pea and ham soup.
- The machine panel on the soup maker displays an LED screen showing precisely how long your soup has left to cook. No need to come check on it every 20 minutes, stirring obsessively. This device will do it all for you.
I found this soup maker very easy to clean compared to other devices that would typically be used for this task. It has a non-stick coating so you don’t have to worry about having to let it soak in the sink for hours after using it. In addition to all that, the appliance is handy and functional, as well as stylish.
This soup maker fits fantastically into any kitchen so you don’t have to worry about it clashing with your current design. It looks nice enough to leave out on my counter without taking away from my décor, a nice and unique quality when it comes to kitchen machines. All in all, this was a great purchase that transformed my relationship with soup making.