The world famous NUTRiBULLET is back with a bang: the Veggie Bullet Electric Spiralizer/Shredder and Slicer. With an efficiency rating of A despite being known for it’s sky-high power blending, this blender proves to be a purchase worth making. Having tried the Veggie Bullet ourselves, we can’t get enough of it.
“…the award winning Veggie Bullet – winner of Which? Best Buy award.”
Read on to find out about it’s pros, cons, and what our recommendation is.
- Easy to Manage: With only two constituent parts -the blender and the blades, removing and washing the Veggie Bullet is an easy task. Simply finish your task, detach the parts, and pop it into your dishwasher. It’s mess-free and great for those of us who don’t have the time to clean everything manually.
- Sleek Ergonomic Design: Most blenders are at risk of having their crystal-clear glass jars cracked if the blender accidentally topples over. With rubber feet, you don’t need to worry -it sits safely and stylishly on any kitchen worktop.
- Energy Efficient: With an efficiency rating of A, we can give a sigh of relief knowing that this blender won’t burst our own eardrums or wake up everyone in the house. More of the power consumed is used on the blender, less on noise and vibration.
- Robust Body: As it’s made of Stainless Steel, the Veggie Bullet is resistant to scratches, scuffs and dents. A few months on and your blender will look as good as when you first bought it. Stainless Steel is such a colour/material which never goes out of fashion; it will always look amazing on the worktop and wow your guests.
- Space Efficient: This Veggie Bullet will sit elegantly on your counter and take up less space than a toaster! The specific dimensions of it are listed below -we were shocked when we got the box: “Wow, is this it?”. Of course we were pleasantly surprised! It’s extremely rare to find such a versatile machine which takes up so little space. Another great benefit of this characteristic is that it’s portable; travelling to a holiday apartment? Pack it up and take it!
- Versatile: Vegetables, Fruits, Cheese, Meat -whatever it is, the Veggie Bullet can do wonders with it. When using it for grating cheese, hard cheeses are a better option as softer ones are more prone to sticking to the internal mechanisms. With one of these blenders in your kitchen, you’ll rarely (if ever) find the need to pick up your knife or hand-held grater ever again. Kiss goodbye to a sore arm and welcome your professional looking produce after making this purchase.
- Spiralizer: This is one of the three main uses for the Veggie Bullet: you put in your vegetable, and push it with a light, consistent force through the blades. The outcome of this is so satisfying to watch; you see a long thread of spiralled veggies. One beneficial use for this feature is making curly fries -that is very difficult to do manually! The Veggie Bullet makes this task easy and enjoyable.
- Slicer: The slicer is a classic function by NUTRiBULLET, now back with a kick. You can make delicious, walkers-style crispy chips out of anything -potato, onion, cassava, the list goes on. You can use this feature to chop up pretty much anything, a common use is slicing carrots -they always get us worried when using a knife because they’re so hard to cut!
- Shredder: The shredder is the feature which works best for chopping very finely, for example when you want finely diced onion, make cauliflower rice or shred carrot.
Our favourite use for this machine is the spiralizer with Zucchini – an easy way to make quick, healthy, Zucchini noodles to replace those waxy pot noodles. Cauliflower rice is also a versatile food to make with this machine using the shredder.
Dimensions: 41.5 x 24 x 33 cm
Weight: 5.39 kg
Although it’s an amazing 3-in-1 kitchen addition, some reviewers online have complained that it can become difficult and time consuming to clean when making small batches. It is best to make larger quantities and clean it all, rather than small portions and have to spend ages cleaning it. The whole use of the machine can be limited in efficiency if used scarcely. Another issue that some people have experienced when using the Veggie Bullet is concerning the Spiralizer: sometimes it can become jammed with the vegetables you insert, making the noodles broken and short rather than long and rope-like. Our recommendation when using the spiralizer is to use large vegetables rather than chopped segments of it: for example, rather than inserting half a zucchini, use a whole large one- it will allow you to push with a consistent force and make it less prone to breakage.
We haven’t personally experiences any major problems with the Veggie Bullet, but it’s always good to get a bit of practise with the machine to make sure you can reap all its benefits.
The Final Verdict
The Veggie Bullet, when purchased off Amazon comes with a tamper/pusher, a Recipe Book (with over 70 recipes), shooter lid, blade, Spiralizer Lid and Basket, High-torque Power Base. We definitely recommend this for those of you who have larger families, cook at home a lot, or want to improve your cooking skills. We’ve made some delicious and beautiful dishes using this appliance, and we’re very sure you’ll love it too. Just remember to use whole vegetables in the spiralizer rather than pieces -you’re good to go!
- From the makers of the NutriBullet we bring you the award winning Veggie Bullet - winner of Which? Best Buy award.
- Shredding, slicing & spiralizing settings, this one-of-a-kind, 3-in-1 food prep system preps huge quantities of vegetables, fruits, cooked meats, and more in mere seconds.
- Take the hassle out of time-consuming food preparation and let Veggie Bullet do the hard work for you.
- The sleek, ergonomic design with rubber feet sits safely and stylishly on any kitchen worktop & all attachments and accessories can be easily cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Perfect for batch cooking, impressing family and friends with your presentation, and getting your 5-a-day, the Veggie Bullet is sure to be a valuable addition to any household.