What Are Good Blenders in the UK
Once you own your first blender, there’s no going back. These nifty kitchen appliances have the ability to work their way in as an integral piece of equipment for making soups, smoothies, sauces and mixes. Blenders are a great way to kickstart your healthy diet, as they offer a means by which to make homemade food with all-fresh ingredients.
Best of all, blending provides a quick and easy way to create healthy drinks and meals at home. You can make highly nutritional foods using fruit and vegetables in just a few moments, making them a lifesaver for those who are always in a rush.
Blenders can be used to make fresh fruit and oatmeal smoothies for the perfect breakfast. They are also really handy for those who work out as a means to create tasty protein shakes that are the ideal thing if you’re looking to bulk up and build muscle. In addition, they are great for those who can’t seem to get enough veggies in their diet, as you can opt for a tasty spinach and apple shake or a carrot and ginger blend to help you hit your five-a-day.
Shakes also provide a great healthy snack to help you avoid reaching for chocolate or crisps between meals and are far more filling and energizing than high-sugar snacks, which only offer a short burst of energy before you crash. Blending your food allows your body to absorb it far more quickly, meaning that you can get a sustained energy boost right from the word go. This is also why shakes are so good at the start of the day and following a work out, as they give you the nutrients you need to feel invigorated throughout the day.
Some blenders also allow you to minimize food waste, utilizing every last bit of peel and core from your fruit and vegetable to ensure that you gain the most nutrients possible from it. This is not only good news for your health but also great for the environment.
For those who are on a real health binge, why not try throwing some superfoods such as cacao or chia seeds into the mix for an ultra-healthy breakfast blend?
Beyond smoothies, blenders can be useful for a whole range of other tasks in the kitchen. They can be used to blend cake mixes, pancake mix or omelettes for a smoother and fluffier result. They are also perfect for making homemade soup – throw the cooked vegetables and stock into the jug and joosh it up – it couldn’t be simpler! On top of this, you can avoid all of the nasty artificial flavourings that creep their way into jarred sauces and salad dressings by making your own fresh versions from scratch at home.
If you’re not on a health flex, blenders can be great for you too. They can be used to create ice-blended cocktails such as daquiris or margaritas, or to make delicious creamy ice-cream shakes. They can even double-up as a coffee bean grinder, so you can get your kick in the morning using fresh beans!
Now, enough about how great blenders are – let’s move on to talking about which one to opt for. There are now more blenders on the market than ever, each proclaiming to offer a whole host of health benefits. Here, we will take a look at the 5 best blenders on the UK market right now.
Nutri Ninja 1200W Blender Duo with Auto iQ BL492UK Review – Our Number 1
The Nutri Ninja Blender Duo (CHECK PRICE NOW!) is a great device for those looking to create anything from healthy, warming soups to nutrient-rich vitamin drinks and smoothies. It has a range of impressive functions to set it apart from other models on the market and is great for making both large batches and individual portions.
With its high power input and interchangeable blades, it is capable of blending almost anything you could think of (within reason!). Here’s a look at some of its amazing functions:
- Auto-iQ – Intelligent controls allow for a range of different functions at the touch of a button.
- Powerful – 1200W motor makes for powerful blending, whilst Pro Extractor Blades break down hard foods such as nuts and ice with ease.
- Perfect for Icey Drinks – Total Crushing Blades have the ability to pulverize ice, creating a snow-like end product for the ultimate frozen drink blends.
- Multifunctional – Comes with large 2.1 litre jug and two smaller blending cups, so you can use it to make batches or single portions that can be taken on the go.
- Recipes – This model comes with a handy recipe book so that you can make all of your favourite smoothies from scratch.
The Nutri Ninja Blender is most notable for its dual function as a large capacity blending jug and smaller nutri-blending device. These can be interchanged depending on the function that you require, making it a great all-rounder in the world of blenders. It also has two different types of blade which can be used, topped off which multiple different speed and function settings, which widen its scope even further. The Nutri Ninja function is excellent for extracting nutrients, which makes this blender a good choice for those wishing to improve their diet and vitamin intake.
Features: Doubles as Blender and Nutri Cup – Two Types of Blade – 1200W Motor
NUTRiBULLET 1000 Series Blender 9-Piece Set with Smart Technology Review – Our Number 2
We’ve all heard of the infamous NutriBullet, but how does its latest edition match up to other blenders on the market? The answer is pretty well, as it turns out. These blenders are known for their ability to break down ingredients in their entirety into a smooth and pulp free juice or smoothie. This intuitive hands-free device is the ultimate smoothie-making companion, generating top-class results every time. Here is a breakdown of some of its key features:
- Smart Technology – The NutriBullet comes with handy in-built auto burst cycles, which blend your smoothies to perfection without you having to lift a finger. On top of this, its auto shut-off feature means that it turns off automatically when it determines that the smoothie is ready to drink.
- Colossal Cup – Compared to earlier models, the NutriBullet 1000 comes with a super-sized 930ml cup, which can stretch further than a single serving, making it great for couples or families.
- Travel-Friendly – The NutriBullet comes with an insulated stainless-steel cup, which is perfect for taking your smoothie on the go.
- Detailed User Guide – The NutriBullet’s detailed user guide comes with handy recipes for you to try.
- Warranty – Comes with a 12-month warranty for your peace of mind.
- Power – High-torque power base and 1000W motor make for unbeatably smooth blending.
The NutriBullet may be the most famous on the list but, although it certainly does a great job, it is not quite on par with the slightly pricier Nutri Ninja. This is because it doesn’t have a larger jug to interchange with, making it less functional, and also because it does not offer a range of blades to choose from so is more limited in its scope overall.
This device is not necessarily designed for larger-batch tasks such as soup-making but its specialty lies primarily with juice and smoothie making. Its smart auto-technology makes it great for those in a rush, as you can just throw in the ingredients and let the machine do the work.
This creates perfect results every time without you needing to constantly check up on it. Overall, this is a great product and its smaller size lends it to those with less space in the kitchen.
Features: 930ml Capacity – Auto-Speed and Shut-Off – Comes with Stainless Steel Drinking Cup – 1000W Motor
Kenwood Blend-X Fresh BLP400BK Blender Review – Our Number 3
The Kenwood Blend-X Fresh blender is a more traditional device that is great for making iced drinks, fruit shakes and soups for all the family. It is highly functional and easy to clean, making it a great everyday device.
It represents one of the more affordable options on the market, so is a great choice for those not wishing to fork out an arm and a leg. It does not come with a specialized nutria-blending cup and its lower powered motor means it may not be capable of extracting nutrients in the same way, but it is still a great device for a range of everyday culinary tasks. Here is a look at some of its top features:
- Two Levels of Blade – This blender comes with two levels of blade, cleverly separated from one another to ensure maximum contact between food and blade.
- High Capacity – 2 litre goblet with a 1.6 litre working capacity makes this a great blender for families.
- Power – The Blend-X Fresh blender comes with a respectable 650W motor for powerful blending.
- Easy Clean – This model comes with handy removable blades, which are both durable and easy to clean. It also has some dishwasher-safe parts, making for an even easier clean-up.
- Speed Settings – With 3 different speed settings plus a pulse option, you can have ultimate control over your blending.
- Ice-Crush Function – This function allows you to create cooling, icy drinks at the push of a button.
This is a great option for large families who want to create big batches of soup and healthy smoothies. It does not have the same power capabilities of either the NutriBullet or the Nutri Ninja, which means it may not be able to blend quite so smoothly, but it is still more than adequate for most tasks.
If you are looking for a blender to create nutritious superfood vitamin juices and smoothies, then you may want to opt for a more specialized model, whereas if it’s a great all-rounder that you’re after, then this could be the device for you. At the price, it certainly is a steal.
Features: 2L Capacity – 3-Speeds plus Pulse – Ice-Crushing Function – 650W Motor – Removable Blades
Duronic BL1200 Smoothie Maker Blender Review – Our Number 4
The Duronic BL1200 blender is an incredibly powerful device that comes with an attractive price tag. Its high-powered motor makes it capable of producing things such as almond milk and peanut butter from scratch, making it a great choice for foodies and health food addicts alike.
It is equally capable of blending tough raw vegetables such as squash and carrots for those wishing to create ultra-healthy raw soups. As you can see from these excellent features, this blender really gives the others a run for their money:
- Variable Speed Function – The blending speed of this device can be easily adjusted, giving you full control over your end product.
- High Power – This blender comes with an impressive 1200W motor for some of the most powerful blending on the market.
- Pre-Programmed Settings – 3 pre-programmed settings utilize a built-in memory to adjust the blending speeds as it goes. It also has an ice-crushing feature for all your favourite frozen drinks and an auto-clean feature to help out with cleaning.
- Removable Blades – On top of the auto-clean setting, this device has removable blades which make for an even simpler clean up.
- Large Capacity – 1.8 litre jug means this blender is capable of producing large capacities.
- Glass Jug – This device’s glass jug means that you can safely blend hot products such as soup, unlike with other plastic models.
The Duronic BL1200 is a real force when it comes to blending. For the price-point, it is unbeatable in terms of power, and its high-capacity motor means it is capable of completing a whole range of tasks with ease.
When compared to other more expensive models, it is missing the smaller cup blending option, which means that it misses out on the handy grab-and-go feature and is not quite as adept at nutri-blending as larger portions make it harder for every last bit to make full contact with the blades. However, considering the price and the power, this unit is unbeatable.
It is incredibly versatile due to its glass jug, as this means it can be used to blend both hot and cold foods – something which is not possible when faced with a plastic jug. On top of this, its pre-programmed settings and variable speed functions mean it is a very user-friendly and customizable model.
Features: 1.8L Capacity – 3 Pre-Programmed Settings – Ice-Crushing Function – 1200W Motor – Removable Blades
Berg Commercial 1800W Pro Digital Specialist Health Nutrition Blender Review – Our Number 5
As the name suggests, the Berg Commercial 1800W Pro Digital Specialist Health Nutrition Blender takes it very seriously when it comes to the world of blending. This is a commercial grade blender, with a range of pre-sets including more unusual ones for things such as soy milk and nut butter.
Although not everyone will find use for such features, for those who are deeply into their health food, this could represent the dream device. This high-functioning blender unsurprisingly comes with a range of mind-blowing features, as you can see here:
- Multifunctional – This device comes with an impressive 6 pre-set programmes, including smoothie, vegetables, sauce, soup, soy milk and nut butter.
- Customisable – Time and speed settings can be pre-selected for a highly customizable blend.
- Sound – With its cushioned sound-reducing lid, this blender was created using sound reduction technology which has resulted in one of the quietest blending operations ever.
- High Nutrition – This blender claims to break the cell wall in whole foods, which in turn releases the nutrients, making it easier for your body to digest them.
- Reliable – With a whopping 7-year warranty, you can truly rely on this blender to go the distance.
- Highest Power Yet – With its 1800W motor, this blender smashes the others on this list in terms of power.
- Stainless-Steel Blades – With sharp stainless-steel blades, this device is both durable and effective.
- Heating Capacity – The blades of this device create so much friction that they can be used to heat the contents if left on for several minutes, which is great for soups!
This blender is in another class to the others on this list and is very capable of withstanding the heavy use of a commercial setting. With this in mind, its price is actually astonishingly reasonable when compared with other high-grade blenders due to the discount being offered.
Its high-powered motor and large make it great for cafes and restaurants as it is capable of producing large batches at a constant rate without sustaining too much wear and tear.
In addition, its capacity ability to operate quietly means customers won’t be disturbed by the noise. This feature is also great for use at home as it allows those wishing to make a blended breakfast to do so without disturbing the rest of the house! Although many of its functions may go over the heads of many people, for those who are really into their nutrition and health foods, this blender would be an excellent investment.
Features: 2L Capacity – 6 Pre-Programmed Settings –1800W Motor – Quiet Operation
Whichever blender you go for, you’re sure to become addicted to the fresh and healthy lifestyle it will open up for you. Blenders provide a great gateway for homemade foods packed with vitamins, fruit and vegetables to come into your life. They are an excellent resource for those seeking to take their nutrition and health routine to the next level and can provide much needed inspiration and motivation to stick to a healthy diet.
The model which you choose will depend heavily on your intended purposes, as some are specially designed for nutritious eating, whereas others lend themselves better to standard uses such as shake, soup and sauce making. Health models tend to be less effective at these tasks, so will be wasted on those looking for a more functional device.
Fun smoothie recipes and exciting health-food concoctions mean that blenders can get you excited about eating healthy, rather than daydreaming about greasy fast food. For those with a decent income who are really looking to up their healthy eating game, the Berg Commercial Pro Digital Specialist Health Nutrition Blender is an excellent choice.
This model has a real focus on nutrition and as the highest-powered device on the list it is capable of extracting the most out of all your grains and vegetables. With added functions for creating homemade nut butter and soy milk, you can avoid all of the additives of supermarket brands and really take control of your health.
If you are looking for a commercial blender for your café or restaurant, this is also a great choice as its high-powered motor and low sound output mean it is more than up to the job.
If you are married to the idea of having a cup-sized blending option which can be taken out on the go, then the Nutri Ninja Blender Duo is your best bet. This blender is less limited in scope than the NutriBullet 1000 as it comes with both a small carry cup and a jug. This means it can be used for both big-batch blending and single-serve smoothie making. It is fairly reasonably priced and comes with a powerful motor that is capable of extracting all of the essential nutrients from your ingredients.
The best value for money on this list undoubtedly comes from the Duronic BL1200 blender. This device matches the power of the far more expensive Nutri Ninja Blender Duo, with its only real drawback being its lack of a smaller cup blender facility. It is also rare to find glass-jug blenders, which are incredibly useful when it comes to making hot drinks or soups.
This blender is excellent for making both nutritious health-food smoothies and other common blended foods, making it the best all-rounder on the list. What’s more is that it comes at only a fraction higher than the price of the Kenwood Blend-X Fresh blender, which offers almost half of the power. This is why this blender comes out as the winner.